First I will talk briefly about what not to do.
- Do not submit to 1000′s of search engines. There are only 3 that count, Google, Yahoo and MSN. All other search engines get their information from the mentioned search engines.
- Do not continually submit to them. It’s not necessary. Once you are in you are in. It won’t improve your position.
- Do not use keyword spamming.
Now here is what to do.
- Have great content and update it on a regular basis.
- Add new features and pages.
- Have great content. Content is what gets you ranked. Can we says it is content the search engines want? Yes, it is content!!
- If your website hasn’t been crawled in a while update your site and manually submit it to Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- Create and then submit a site map to Google.